Friday, April 29, 2011

We're Here....

Folks, we made to Ethiopia.  It really wasn't as bad as the first trip since it took only half of the time it did the first go around.  Doug wasn't as comfortable as me because of his legs but our leg from Amsterdam to ET was very spacious and roomy as only half of the jet was full.  I stretched out across 3 sits and slept!. 
Today we went to the orphanage and meet with JP.  He as so sweet and came running to me with open arms and a huge hug.  It was quite the different story than last time.  We played and laughed and chased each other.  It was a true answer to prayer and a reassurance that he is going to do just fine.  I got to see that "all boy" side of him when he was being mischevous and roughing around.  Oh, my heart melted when he laughed and hugged and played with me.  He kept kissing the picture of Lydia in the photo album he had.  I think it's because he loves babies and he just couldn't get enough of her pictures.  He had some good time with his Grandpa, too.  We are going to his birthplace tomorrow and spending the night. I will hopefully meet with his birth family if they agree to come.  On Monday afternoon we will get JP for good and he will stay with us for the duration of the trip. Thanks for your prayers and encouragement.  I have really seen answered prayers this week! Will keep posting as much as I can.  Joey may be updating bc two emails a day is a little overwhelming here!  Will keep all you posted.

Tia

2 comments:

Anthony, Hannah and Mills said...

This gave me goosebumps!! Thinking about you guys and praying lots too!!

The Wiersmas said...

I have been thinking about yall!!! Great news! I love that he gave you a warm welcome. What a blessing! So exciting!