Wednesday, April 06, 2011

My Baby's first Birthday



I finally got the pictures from Lydia's first birthday uploaded. I can not believe that she is a year old. Man, I feel like her baby days are flying by and I'm helpless to stop the time.

We celebrated her 1st Birthday at home with family and a few friends. Unfortuately, she was sick that day and not in the best of moods. All her birthday pictures don't show the typical smiling baby that she is. But she had a good time trying her first piece of birthday cake and playing with her cousins and Aunts and Uncles.


At a year Lydia is cruising and standing on her own. She is now walking when she chooses to but prefers the faster method of crawling. She is a climber. I found her on top of the coffee table oneday while I had my back turned. She has figured out how to climb on her sister's bed and has fallen off a couple of times because she can't control her excitement once up there! Lydia LOVES baby dolls and gives them "love" on a regular basis by hugging and patting her babies backs. Lydia has learned how to bother her sister. She likes to climb on her back when Bethany is sitting on the ground and her favorite way to get a reaction from her sister is pull her hair!


Lydia is saying several words: Uh-oh, all done, hey, dog (with barking noise:)), ball, Mama, Dada, kitty cat. She likes to wave bye-bye and hello. Her favorite toy is a ball and her dad is hoping she will be his ball player. She is 96% for her height so she will her daddy's ball player or her Mommy's ballerina:)

Lydia looks so much like her daddy and has his advenerous and active spirit. She is a very busy girl that is always on the go. She has been such a sweet addition to our family. I can't imagine life without her. She brings us so much laughter and happiness. My prayer is that she will grow to become a confident and secure little girl through Christ. I pray that her Father and I have the wisdom to grow her spiritually into the Godly woman that the Lord intended her to become. Thank you Lord for this special gift. Continue to guide us and protect her.

No comments: