Sunday, May 01, 2011

Birth Family Meeting

A quick  update.  We just arrived back at the guest house after 2 days and 1 night in the southern region that JP first entered the orphanage and close to his birth city.  I was able to meet his Great Aunt that cared for him before he was relinquished.  I wasn't even sure that she would come but she did and it was a once in a lifetime opportunity.   We saw each other and hugged and we cried and she kissed me over and over.  There was no akwardness and we just cried and laughed together and really understood each other.  She is a Christian and has prayed for him his whole life. You could sense her relief in meeting me and seeing his pictures and knowing he is taken care of.  I feel like I have a lot of answers for him one day and a lot of love to share with him from her.  IT was a priveledge and honor to meet her and hear the beginning of his story.  There is so much to tell and plenty I'll never share with the world(sorry blog world), only him.  Continue to pray
as we pick JP up tomorrow afternoon for good!!!!
Tia

2 comments:

callie said...

That's incredible! We'll keep praying for a safe trip home with JP.

KEVA said...

Tia, WHAT A BLESSING! GOD IS SO GOOD! Can't wait to see pics of Mommy and her lil boy! We love you guys! - Keva and Eddie (and Ellory, toby, zaeda, angel...)