Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Hello's and Goodbye's

We have four more weeks left in Greenwood before our big move. It's hard to believe we are closing this chapter in our lives. Residency, new babies in the house, and a place our family has grown to call Home. It's no secret that I had a hard time when we moved to small town USA. I quit a job I adored, I started staying at home with my new baby and my husband was an intern working over night every 4th night for a year. I felt like a single mom trying to navigate a new town and a new normal all while my husband was gone most of the time. It felt really lonely at times. If not for my Gamo coming every on-call night and staying with me, I might not have made it that first year. I had a hard time, at first, finding my niche here in Gwd. But soon God started working on my heart and telling me to "learn to be content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want" (Phil 4:12) God literally told me this through other people, study, and in my daily devotions. I started to take this verse to heart "learn" to be content. Soon I was building really unexpected and special relationships, serving our church and getting involved in one of the most meaningful bible studies I've ever been a part of (Community Bible Study). It was amazing. I met new girls through Bunko, the medical association and at the Y. During this time our family went from 3 to 5 and
our number of friends nearly tripled too! :) Greenwood became home and the charm of small town grew on us. We have truly been blessed here and I can only hope and pray our next phase of life will be filled with half the meaningful relationships and experiences we've had for the past 4 years.

On Sunday our wonderful church family had a "Welcome JP" party and a "Send The Patrick's Off" party all rolled into one. We had cake, ice cream and fellowship in the Church park after Sunday night services and we felt the love all around us. It means so much to us that our church is so supportive and prayful for our family and our move. We will certainly miss the Middle school and High schoolers that we've taught the past 4 years. Joey and I both did our last lessons on Sunday:( I will also never forget the women that have mentored me as a wife and mother at SMSBC. Thank you for growing us and praying for us and letting us be a part of your mission. We love you and will always have special memories from our time there.


We had Cake and Ice cream!




B helping direct where all the gifts went.


The Guest of Honor chowing down on his cake.

SMSBC, you really didn't have to do all this for us!



On Monday night we had Family Fun Night with B's school (also our church). They were honoring our service men and women. B had to wear red, white and blue and Joey wouldn't let me get anything new. I decided to make her a twirly skirt from this tutorial.
I'm always real proud of myself when I make clothes now since I no longer have Gamo to help me with it. But when I'm done I always want to show her because I know she'd be so proud I did it by myself. She looked cute and it was an original too! I'm glad Norman was able to come. He brought fresh picked strawberry's, an African print that he picked up at a garage sale, B some Yoo-Hoo's (always) and all the kids a box of animal crackers. He was also honored, along with all the other service men, in Bethany's program. B had me blow out her hair for the program. She's really not into her curls these days. I take offense. She told me the other day while I was brushing her hair, "Mom, you like tangly hair but I like straight hair." I told her that I happen to get a lot of compliments on my curls. She wasn't convinced. We'll have to work on that.


Twirly Skirt




My Yankee Doodle doing her thang






Liddy and Daddy playing on the see-saw


JP and Lyds playing



B with her best friend at school, Kate. (she also has a big crush on Kate's older brother!)




Norman came to see B. I'm glad he got honored as a Vet in her program.



We are some lucky people. As sad as it is to move, the Lord has really placed such excitement and anticipation about Memphis. The decision was one I freely gave over to God but it took me a while to become "content" with it. I was allowing lots of things to steal the Joy the Lord wanted me to have about Memphis and He's teaching me again. Next post? It's about Memphis! I'll let ya'll in on some things I've been keeping on the DL because our adoption. I wanted nothing floating around cyberspace that could have jeopardized it.



2 comments:

Jeremy Crider said...

Looking forward to the Memphis post! Did you guys wind up buying that nice place in Germantown?

Tia said...

Oh yeah Jeremy! We were afraid it was in a little too rough part of town but decided the schools were good! We'll have to take our chances in Germantown.... hehe