Thursday, June 16, 2011

Too hard for a title, title.

It's our (Joey and I's) last night in G'wood:( The movers came today and packed our things and tomorrow they'll load the trucks. We've had big celebrations all over this little town. Last night a get together with our residency friends that we've grown to cherish and who have grown to put up with us:) Then today Joey's office had a big lunch for him. The kids left with his Mom so we could get things straight here without 3 little ones right under my feet. It's all starting to hit me now. It's the last time I'll lay in this fabulous room and type a post. Or just do the hum-ho things of life. Oh how I'll miss this house, this neighborhood and this community. We have been blessed here. This is were 2 of my 3 babies came home to and it's where Bethany has been raised her 4 young years. I was folding clothes yesterday while sitting on the floor. She came to me and cupped my face with her little hands and said, "Promise me we don't have to move again. Promise, promise, promise, we'll stay in Memphis forever." It was so hard not to just promise but I couldn't lie because that child forgets nothing. I certainly felt that way about this move and battled it for months. And it's how I've felt so many times in life when I knew that life would never be the same. "Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nest, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head." Matt 8:20. Many times in this decision I've been reminded of this story. It's when a man tells Jesus he will follow Him wherever He goes. But then Jesus quickly replies with this answer. He goes on to tell him that the man cannot even go back to bury his dead father. Whoever said that being a follower of Jesus Christ was easy had it all wrong. Jesus himself says that for all of us to truly follow Him there will be a cost. It's the sacrificial life that mirrors our Fathers. In my case, the cost is the security of family, house, safety and comfort. It's leaving our church and home and truly stepping out. But I can tell you without doubt that this is where we are suppose to be right now. God has not only provided but went above and beyond. We have a huge network of Godly people in Memphis that have made this move possible and that the Lord has used to build me up and most are practically strangers. But they care about us and they care about what we're about. If we would have never trusted and obeyed I would have not seen God be the big God He is. If it would have all been lined up perfectly and all our ducks in a row, then I would never have seen the mysterious and big ways God has provided.



Wow, I've been blessed that God would allow me to be a part of what He is doing. I'm pooped and going to bed but I'll give you a little teaser on the house. A "before" if you will....







It was a dilapidated home with some squatters living inside. But on the porch is Bill Marlor with the organization "Jacob's Ladder" click here, who has been a God-send and whose organization has made it possible for us to move to The Mound. We are in the final stages of the renovation and the house has been completely gutted from the inside out! We are so excited. I'm too drained to go into it much but be on the look out for progress pics!!!!

2 comments:

breaking free said...

Hey Tia,
I met you in Memphis when you guys were there when I was there on rotation for PA school. My names is Amalie or Ames and I got your blog before I left there. I will be praying for you guys as you make this transition. I live in NC now and have felt the same way about my security of family, etc. ITS SO HARD to make that sacrifice! May God bless you as you choose to live the way he desires for us to live:)

KEVA said...

THanks for posting, TIa! Just wanted to leave a little note to say we are following your journey. Let us know any specifics we can pray for you guys.