Thursday, June 30, 2011

We"re Heeeeere

Gosh, I thought I'd be breathing a sigh of relief when the words "We're Here" came out of my mouth. Instead, I'm neck deep in full boxes waiting to be emptied, using the bathroom sink to wash my minimal dishes and catching up on days worth of laundry while tending to my three in a construction zone. The house wasn't quite ready when we came.... the kitchen unfinished and our master bed and bath still needing work. There have been workers here everyday from sun up to sun down and today the kitchen is almost functional and the master bed/bath is being completed for the most part. Hopefully the plumber shows up today to connect the rest of the piping to make these rooms functional. You ask if I'm going crazy? Surprisingly I have remained break-down free until this morning. The simple think of dog hair set it off and I was quickly over it. It's funny how God's Grace can carry. In the mist of my crying fit God said, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, through prayer and thanksgiving make your request known to God. And the peace that surpasses all understanding will guard your heart in Christ Jesus." I actually quoted it as "Do not complain about anything". After my head recited it to my heart I caught the anxious part. Wow, anxious free in this situation. It must be possible if God says so. I really have thought about how lucky I am to be in the predicament. I look around to my neighbors and realize that many would be over-joyed to be in this situation. A newly renovated home, with the problem of too many boxes piled up and no where to put them. Just puts life into perspective being here. I've met several neighbors and visited with a few teenage girls. I skipped the Orange Mound prayer meeting this Tuesday due to exhaustion but I plan to attend from here forward. In fact, it will be held at our house once we're settled. It was started by a Christ Community (CCHS) worker here in OM with Joey. She's a sweet girl who was the first brave soul to move in. She has two roommates and they've really built a re pore with the girls and guys here. There's so much to tell but I'll just have to play catch up another time. We have a Chic-fil-A playdate with another CCHS family. Time to load the kids in the car. A good 10-15 min process! I'll leave you with a few "before" inside pics.



Living room from the front door


The wall to the left was completely knocked out to make a big living area



Hall way. To the left the hall bath and straight the dining room, beyond that the kitchen


The kitchen was gutted and opened up.

Hall bath. Luxurious, I know. We used the closet space in the living room to expand this bathroom vanity area



No comments: