Tuesday, June 17, 2008

This week in some pics






Don’t get use to the pictures! Right now Julia (NYU student has all the things on her computer to shrink the size of pictures that we can’t find on ours, so once she leaves we won’t be able to download anymore unless we figure something else out!

Joey has been doing ‘Casualty’ (ER) this week and feels much more comfortable with this b/c it’s more along his line of work at home. He has Thursday – Sunday off. On Thursday I’m going to go out with community health to some surrounding villages for clinics and Joey will spend some time with Bethany. On Friday we leave for our Safari!!! We will spend the weekend their. It’s like a resort so we are looking forward to the experience and I know Bethany will love the animals. There are 12 game parks in Kenya and this is one of the best so I’m pumped. Yesterday I went to the missionary bible study with the wives. It was more of a prayer time and it was nice. One of the volunteer families with 4 children watched Bethany. Their 11 year old daughter, Abby, read while Bethany napped. B loves her. We ate dinner with the Fitzwaters (John, Krista, and Ann Marie). They are here for about one year but severed here for two months when John was a student.
Bethany is better adjusting. We got a fan to drown out some of the noise in her room. Poor thing, she has to wear extra socks and a sweatshirt over her PJ’s b/c it gets chilly here anyways at night! She has had a steady dose of ‘time-outs’ since we’ve been here. Almost every morning starts with one but after that she understands my threats later in the day and obeys! She also got one real pop the other day. She bit me sooooo hard! She’s talking really well and calling people by their names. We practice all family members and her favorite is Ra-ty (Rusty) and Hud-see is fun too!
Today we had lunch at the hospital. I wait all week for the coke and fries!!!
I’ve gotten emails from everyone planning their summer vacations to the beach and I felt a little jealous! Then I realized I’m in Africa, a tropical paradise, seeing what few will see in a lifetime! I’ll have plenty of summers, springs, and falls at the beach! Hope everyone is doing well. We sure are!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tia,
I am so glad you got to post some pics! I'm so glad you all are having a great time! Bethany looks like she has growed since you've been gone. Your right, me and Elijah are leaving for the beach on Saturday, but I would trade places with you in a heartbeat. You got to experience a wonderful opportunitiy. I love ya'll, and I pray for you and your family everyday. My church family is also praying for your safety as well.

Ashley M.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tia, Joey, and Bethany! I'm glad yall made it there safely and I'm praying for a safe return also.
I've actually just gotten back from Charleston on vacation, but yeah, I would definitely love to be there to experience Kenya instead. I was cracking up about the cow in the baby monitor thing; Tia, I could imagine your facial expression when you heard it! Bethany is getting so big and cuter everyday; I can't wait to hear her talk. Anyway, I am glad yall are doing such wonderful things in the lives of those who don't have the 'luxury' of the most basic needs that we take for granted; I'm sure its an eye opening and humbling experience. May God continue to bless you all and thanks for keeping us updated!

Aimée Wheaton said...

Hi Tia!

I'm loving reading about your trip! What an amazing thing and all the things God is going to do because you were willing to go! What a great experience for you all!!! BTW, are you anywhere near Happy Life Children's Home? Not sure where in Kenya they are but our church supports them and visits quite often. God bless you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tia!

What an adventure! You will remember this always...what a blessing. Especially for Bethany.

I might have missed reading this, but how long are you there for?

Anonymous said...

Hey! The Pictures are soooo cute! Bethany is certainly checking everyone out! She is to cute! I love ya'll!
Brooke