Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Greatest Privledge

Since being here I haven’t written much about the reason we are here. My spiritual life is uniquely mine and I am often moved and spoken to by God. Since being here I haven’t really felt like I had heard from God, until today.
A song describes it well;

"All the time you held so much in me and I am living proof, that
although my darkest hour comes your light can still shine through.
And though at times it’s just enough to cast a shadow on the wall, well
I am so grateful that you shine your light on me at all.

Who am I that you would love me so gently?
Who am I that you would recognize my name?
Lord, who am I that you would speak to me so softly?
Conversation with the love Most High,
Who am I?

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound that saved a wrench like me,
I once was lost but now I’m found, was blind but now I see.
And the more I sing that sweet old song the more I understand
That I do not come bringing this love that’s coming from your hands."

The Lord impressed it on my heart today that I am such a blessed child of His. Not because whom I was born to or what part of the world, it’s because I am a daughter of the Most High God, given full access to approach the throne of God! Full access to His love, comfort, joy, blessings, forgiveness, and mercy. I have learned that it is my greatest privilege to be his servant. That I can somehow be used by God for a mighty kingdom purpose is the best life I can think of.
It is easy to get overwhelmed here. My step-dad always worries that I try and save the world. While I know that I can’t save the world, I do know that if I just simply follow the lead of the Lord he will produce a great work in me and also in any of his servants who are willing to listen and follow. That’s what our family is doing, just taking one instruction at a time. Trusting. And hoping that we will one day be called faithful servants by the Lord.

“Those who dwell in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare of the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety;
His is my God, and I am trusting him…. For he orders his angels to protect you wherever you go.” Psalm 91:1-2,11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree that that is the best song to describe your feelings! well i really dont know what else to saay! i love you bye!

Travis James said...

Jambo! Tia this post is wonderful and very inspiring. I continue to be amazed at how blessed you both are, and your lives are truly examples of Christs love. I am annoyed that I did not receive a shout out in your latest post, I will assume that will be taken care of in the future posts. Kiss Bethany for me (on the cheek) and give Joey a kiss too (on the forehead). Take care, I am praying for you guys.

HollyMarie said...

Tia, you guys are in my thoughts and prayers! We too are trying to follow just one instruction after another... it's okay to not see too far into the future. What a blessing to be a daughter of the King!