Friday, December 03, 2010

We offically have a son!!

Just writing the title of this post is bringing tears to my eyes.  Yesterday flying over Ethiopia was a sight to see.  I never tire of God's creation and how different He has made each place and each person.  I see rolling hills and flat land.  Patches of brilliant greens and dull browns.  It's all woven together to paint a beautiful picture.  Stepping out of the airport and hearing, seeing and smelling a different, foreign, culture never ceases to amaze me.  All of these beautiful people who don't look or act like me intrigues the inner parts of my heart and mind.  The imagination of my Maker overwhelms me and I feel privileged to experience it all.
Today was a surreal experience for us.  We woke up and unlike the other families, I wasn't nervous at all about the court proceedings.  We drive through the city and make it to the federal court building.  After several flights of stairs and many winded Americans:) we make to a semi-large room filled with other families from different agencies.  We wait for our orphanage to be called.  Each family anticipates hearing their child's name to go into the room.  It seems like families are coming out after a minute or less.  I'm still not nervous at this point.  Our orphanage is called and our families start being summoned one at a time.  I start crying after the first family receives good news.  Soon, JP's, name is called(his Ethiopian name) and we enter.  The judge is a beautiful Ethiopian woman who over sees ALL court cases!  What a busy lady, glad she wasn't our sick on this day:)  She quietly, as custom in Ethiopia, ask us several questions.  I get really nervous and Joey takes over!  She finally ask, "Do you understand that this is permanent?", us: "Yes". She smiles and says "Congratulations, He is yours"!  My heart was overwhelmed with joy!  We have a son!
We go to a coffee house to celebrate our good news with GREAT Ethiopian coffee and popcorn!  We go to a nice mall and have a fabulous lunch with shopping and then we all canceled our "mountain" sight-seeing plans and asked to see our children.  We got to spend the afternoon with JP and pretty soon he was sitting in our laps and letting us hug and kiss on him.
Today is a day that will forever be etched in my heart and soul.  JP we love you and can't wait to come back and bring you home!
 

6 comments:

The Wiersmas said...

Hallelujah!! I'm crying. After all this time, it is real! I am so glad I have been able to be a small part of this journey your family has been on. I guess the court thing worked out. can't wait to hear everything. My boys finally have a Patrick boy to love! HOORAY. I'm so excited. I just got on here hoping there would be a new post. I am dying to talk to you!!! I hope you have safe travels coming home!!!

Somewhere Over The Rainbow said...

Crying happy tears right now!!! So thankful that God put JP on your heart!! We can't wait to be "neighbors" soon!

Jennifer said...

Very neat! I live in South Carolina and am bringing home biological siblings. Right now I am waiting on a court date and love reading those posts. :-)

Lindsi said...

I am SO excited for you guys Tia!!! I cannot wait to see photos, and you all will be in my prayers as the entire process and transition happens over this glorious holiday season! Please give Joey and the girls and JP my love :-)

Demarie said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to hear you are bringing him home forever!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud and happy for you Patrick family!!! I can't wait to meet MR. JP and spend some time with all of you!! Love and prayers for your safe return and then the big return of your precious little boy!!!~

Stephanie Molick