Thursday, April 17, 2008

I Did IT!!!


I didn't post this sooner because of all the hype that surrounds it and I needed the hype to wear off so you'd be impressed. Let me preface my accomplishment with this..... after my 45lbs weight gain (maybe more, the last time I weighed I decided not to get back on the scale until I had the bun out of the oven!) I decided I needed to get motivated to lose it and follow through with a goal I set before B was born. I had been in the beginning of training for Race for the Cure in 2006 when I found out I was preggo and started having complications soon after so I stopped running. I have always been slim and in good shape but not endurance kind of good shape. So a 5K was a challenge. I wanted to do it for my mother's memory. Five weeks after B was born I started back. Well, I ran Race for the Cure (not admitting that time on here, sorry)! My goal was not to stop running no matter how slow I went. After that race I still had maybe 15lbs to go so I made another goal. Cooper River Bridge Run. A 10K! And I did it again!!! My 58 year old Father-in-law beat my time, but the point is that I finished victoriously!!! I look a little rough so give me a break :) And by the way, I lost all of that baby weight before she turned a year!!

3 comments:

shannon said...

Congrats Tia! We miss you on flickr...pop in sometime and let us know how you are doing!

Anthony, Hannah and Mills said...

Way to go Tia!! Now if I could just get motivated like you are...

Unknown said...

You go girl! I'm proud...that takes some guts! I can walk up my stairs now with out getting winded...we're both making progress huh?! LOL