Wednesday, April 09, 2008

He goes before me

So many things are changing in our lives. Well, not yet but we are preparing for change. I have come to embrace change since my life has been in constant motion since 17 years old. I no longer fear the unknown but anxiously await what's in store. I'm no super hero, there are times when I'm scared to death because I don't know if I can handle the outcome. Truly what other choice do any of us have other than to deal with things? We all deal in one way or another. Since starting our adoption I have had to deal with so many feelings that were tucked way back in the corners of my soul and hadn't been dealt with in a while. I mostly have just been overwhelmed by the great need in this world and the small few who are willing to face it and step up to it. The other night I just had to get the burden off and feel the power of God in my life and in this world. Joey and I were lying in bed and thinking how crazy it is that our child maybe here on earth but we aren't with them. And then all the circumstances and possibilities came rushing to my mind as to why my child is an orphan. Why can't their parents care for them? Were they sick? Did they die? How did they feel knowing they weren't going to raise their child? Will my child have siblings that we don't know about?....... I just couldn't carry this around with me, I needed to DO something about it. So I just prayed, out loud, for the first time in a long time and poured my heart out and felt God and his sovereignty over all things. I felt the power of my prayer. I am confident that he is with my child and his/her family right now. This verse is what set off my blogging today, let it encourage you in whatever unknowns you might be facing.....

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

1 comment:

HollyMarie said...

It is definitely overwhelming sometimes to think about the circumstances that are causing our ET children to be "orphans". I find myself praying those same prayers... great verse!