Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Fork in the Road...

(us on a bumpy road in Panama 2005)
Lately, Joey and I have been pondering, praying, and discussing decisions that we have to make in the coming year. July brings a new and last school year for Joey and then we will begin the interview process for Medical Residency lasting 3 years or taking 2 years for a foreign mission. Also talking about starting a family and how this will fit into everything. God has been teaching us seperately to trust in Him. It has taken me a while to give up this next step in our lives and put it in God's hands. "Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritace....(5) You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.(11)" Psalm 15 This reminds me that life is a short but important journey. I can leave this earth satisfied with the life I've lead or leave wishing I had done more. God has a fulfilling, meaningful, and perfect plan for my life. I just have to trust in that. The funny thing is that everytime I've stepped out and really followed God he has enriched my life beyond measure. He has started a work in me that I have to finish. It's not easy thinking that God may call us to move across the country for residency or full-time missions, asking to leave behind our family and friends and all things familar to us. But the faith and trust in God and the experiences and people we will meet will fill our lives with blessings and joy! In the end, I'm the only one who stands before God to attest to my time spent in this life. I want to given my all to others because Christ gave it for me.

1 comment:

KEVA said...

Thanks again for coming our way! I enjoyed our chat... Ditto on the "trusting God seperately" By the way- you look great in the red dress! Catch ya soon- we have joey's flip-flops