Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Baby's not a Baby anymore...

My baby turned 4! I can't believe I have a 4 yr old. Anyone who gets our Christmas cards or knows us in the least, knows that Bethany is the joy of our lives. She was born with the sweetest spirit and is so entertaining. As a baby, she laughed and smiled at ANYONE who showed the least bit of attention to her. At 2, she was all things Clifford and had a strange obsession with safari animals. We have a bind that is full of those little figurines that you get at the Tractor Supply store, and they are all safari-esque! At 3, she barked and crawled around most of the time and daily made up names that we had to call her. Now starting the 4's she is into cowboys and horses! I have to ride her around on my back and "buck" her off. She likes to "stable" me and make me sit while she pretends to feed me apples and carrots.

Here's some pics from her birthday party. Every year she insist on a certain pary and this year it was "Firehouse Dog" party? Who knows why but that's what she requested. She's had a thing about fires lately and always her love for doggies. Since we couldn't have a party at the Firehouse, we had one at her gymnastics center. It was a blast and she's been talking about it every since.




The Birthday girl showing off her skills:)



Lucas and Joey burying the birthday girl in the foam pit. We all had a blast jumping in and playing with the kids.




I decided when B was born that I wanted to make my kids birthday cakes every year. Each year I kick myself for making that promise and now Bethany knows and won't settle for going to get one. I have to make it. This year she wanted a "almation" (dalmation) dog.




Happy birthday to you.....


A view of the gym

Lydia with her Aunts

We all had a blast!

A prayer for my little girl:

O Lord, you have searched Bethany and you know her.

You know when she sits and when she rieses,

you percieve her thoughts from afar.

You discern Bethany's going out and her lying down,

you are familiar with all her ways.

Before a word is on her tongue yo uknow it completely, O Lord.

You hem her in -behind and before;

you have laid your hand upon her.

For you created Bethany's inmost being,

you knit her together in my womb.

I praise you because she is fearfully and wonderfully made:

your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

Pslam 139:1-6, 13-14

2 comments:

Somewhere Over The Rainbow said...

WHY do your posts always make me cry???? So sweet that your sweet girl is 4, so neat that that means that 4 years ago, you were just about to head to residency, so neat that 4 years later you have Lydia and JP!! Wow how life changes! I love the verse at the end!! Praise God!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you could make cakes that look like that!!! That is an amazing talent Tia you should go into business!!! I hope she had a wonderful time at her Birthday party!!! So good to read about your family!!! Love and miss you bunches ~Molick