Tuesday, May 04, 2010

How far is Heaven???


Bethany and I singing Father Abraham.....

Me: I use to sing this song when I was a little girl

Bethany: With your mommy?

Me: Yes, me and my mommy would sing that song. I miss my mommy...

Bethany: (Big smile like she just thought of something really good) You can see your mommy when you get to heaven!

Me: (Tears) Yes, I'll get to see my mommy when I get to heaven.

Bethany: I'll get to see her, too, when I go to heaven. And daddy and Lydia will go to.


This was just what I needed to be reminded of today of all days and it's a bonus God delivered his comfort through the mouth of my 3 year old daughter! My sweet Nanny passed away early this morning and her journey to heaven these last few weeks have taken me back to my mom when she was near the end. So, I've had a couple of rough days watching Nanny grow sicker and taking me back to those awful weeks before my mom passed. I couldn't help but be happy for Nanny. She was a Christian and I have no doubt she stepped through the gates of glory. I wondered what she would see first and who would be their to usher her in. I thought of all the people that have preceded her and knew my mom would be there waiting to give her a big hug. Life is so fleeting and time passes by more quickly each day. I pray that I don't take this life for granted and each day is lived bringing others closer to the Creator of it all.



Bethany and Nanny at Thanksgiving Dinner 2009



Nanny meeting and holding Lydia for the first time. I'm so grateful she was able to meet Lydia and see Bethany one last time. What a blessing.



" Since you call on a Father who judges each man's work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish ore defect.

He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

Through him you believe in God, who raised him from the dead and glorified him, and so your faith and hope are in God."

1 Peter 1:17-21

2 comments:

Lindsi said...

How beautiful is that! Thank you for sharing Tia! You are in my thoughts...I sure miss you guys!

The Wiersmas said...

Oh sweet Bethany! And faithful Tia. Wish I was right across the street. Love and miss you. Can't wait to see y'all on Saturday!