Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ethiopia

Gosh, I have so much to blog about, our upcoming trip to Africa, our baby's first birthday:), Christmas, Greenwood. But the one that hangs in my heart is Ethiopia. We are in the beginnings of "making" our next baby!! God has taken us by the hands and lead us straight to this country and said, "This is where your next child is". I know it's hard to understand but probably at some point in your lives God has so loudly spoken about something (if not yet, He will). We are sending our formal application in to Bethany Christian Services tomorrow and the real deal starts at that moment. After this we will wait for our homestudy to be completed and the dossier (country paperwork) and this is sent to Ethiopia and then we wait for them to refer us to our child.
It's been interesting to hear some of our friends and family's concerns and encouragement. The most surprising is some of the closest to us avoid speaking about Ethiopia. So let me put it out there, we are a white family requesting an African child...just the facts. I know that if some of you feel like you can't love this child like our own offspring but I'm confident God will show you the kind of love He shows us. After all we, as Gentiles, were adopted into His heritage.
I have so much to say but don't want to make this a total deep post so I"ll save some for later. Check out this article that touches my heart http://www.parade.com/articles/editions/2008/edition_01-13-2008/Finding_My_Daughter

1 comment:

KEVA said...

Congratulations to you guys! We are so excited to welcome the next Patrick into the world. Did yall leave the "sex" open or are yall requesting? For some reason I think you will have a boy... i don't know why. I am praying for you guys through this time!