Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend

What an amazing day! I must admit that I milked it for all it's worth:) Poor Joey had to put up with numerous trips to the mall to find the "perfect dress" for my Mother's day and for Bethany's baby dedication only for me to return everything and wear a dress I already had. He also was worried when I didn't come home from getting my ManiPedi until after 9:00 PM on Friday night! But I must say that it really was a special day. It was sort of an initiation into the great sisterhood of all, Motherhood!
Since my Mother passed away almost 5 years ago, I, understandably, haven't enjoyed the holiday as much. She wrote me a letter while I was on my 1st mission trip in Peru during the summer after my sophomore year at Winthrop. She wrote that one day I would understand the love that a mother has for her child and understand the bond between a first born and her mother. Well, I know what my mama was talking about now. You have such an unexplainable since of pride and joy. I know in most instances that pride is considered a bad thing but not in this case.
Also, to start the weekend off, Joey graduated from medical school. Another proud moment for the wifee! He worked so hard to not only get through medical school but to excel in it. He'll get mad if I mention this but I'm going to anyways, He won a special Family Practice award that's only given to one student in the class. I'm gushing over his accomplishments!!!
Bethany also got dedicated at church on Sunday. She was such a ham at the service. She was talking to all our family beforehand and smiling and blowing bubbles. The pastor commented about how animated she was but at the time my sister-in-law said she was looking out at the congregation with a blank stare!!!:) Such a prankster.
Well, HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY to all you mom's out there. Be proud that God chose you to nurture His creation!

1 comment:

Aimée Wheaton said...

I'm so happy you had a great mother's day! Sounds like things are busy too! CONGRATS to Joey!